A BIRTH DOULA IS A TRAINED LABOR COMPANION.
Having a Doula assisted birth has proven to:
- Reduce cesarean rates by 50%
- Reduce the length of labor by 25%
- Reduce the use of Pitocin by 40%
- Reduce the need for pain medication by 30%
- Reduce the requests for epidural pain management by 60 %
- Increase mom's self image
- Increase satisfaction in the overall birth experience
- Improve the relationship between mom and partner.
(Information provided by Mothering the Mother, Klaus, Klaus, and Kennel)
Birth Doulas are trained childbirth professionals who provide non-medical assistance to pregnant women and their families in preparation for childbirth and during labor. This can include identifying birth goals and strategies, providing additional evidence-based education and resources, hands-on emotional and physical support, and advocating for mothers choices during childbirth.
When I support a family as a birth doula, my goal is for the couple look back at the experience and feel they were the ones guiding the process. Often labor and birth go differently then expected. Yet every women should feel that she understood everything that happened or why a procedure needed to be done. And most importantly that she gave her consent before anything was done to her. I can not guarantee this to my clients, but it is always what I am striving for.
Labor & Birth Support Package
- 2- 1-2 hour Prenatal visits
- 24 hour On Call Support from 36 Weeks
- Support During Labor & Delivery
- Newborn Nursing Support
- 2- 1-2 Hour Postpartum Visits