"After delivering her baby, every women should feel she understood and consented to every decision made during labor and delivery." -Patience Bleskan
- Stages of Labor
- Pain/Sensation Management
- Assisted Deliveries
- Psychology of Labor
- Physiology of Labor
- Plan of Action
- Creating a Team
- Baby After Birth
- Newborn Babies
- Postpartum Care of Mother & Baby
A Comprehensive Course Covering Birth, Postpartum, and Newborn Care
Birth Knowledge is a, no fluff, down to business class. This class is appropriate for all kinds of labors: natural or assisted, home or hospital. Our goal is to give you the information and tools that will directly impact your birth and early parenting experience.
Birth Knowledge is the unique because it includes important postpartum and early parenting information. We strongly believe a positive birth experience includes preparation for the days and weeks after birth.
The class does not teach a certain method of birthing. Our focus is on information and understanding what the labor process as it really is. Tools for managing the energy and sensations of labor are provided as a starting point for women to build on with their partners.
We support all methods and choices for birth, but keep a natural birthing focus throughout the class. We will also prepare you for interventions and complications that my arise.
Birth Knowledge Childbirth Education is designed to:
- educate on the process and stages of labor both physiological and psychological
- give couples tools for what they can control
- create trust in care providers for what couples cannot control
- create a spirit of team work and trust between care provider, parents and hospital staff
- empower couples to ask questions to gain understanding
- provide information and understanding of postpartum infant and mother care
- help create a plan of action for handling interventions which could become necessary